Independent Jewellery Valuer, Appraiser and Gemmologist
What Susan Does
Susan is a Registered Valuer with the NAJ Institute of Registered Valuers and has over 30 years experience providing detailed and accurate appraisal and valuation documentation for her client's precious items.
Ms Pennington is also a qualified and experienced Gemmologist, vital for correctly identifying gemstone species and variety, and also checking for any enhancement treatments the gem may have undergone. Her office and mobile laboratory contain all the gemmological equipment necessary to assist her in her examination and assessment of gem materials.
Office-based Valuation - Your items can be valued at her office in Ormskirk Lancs, after you have made an appointment of course. Depending on your preference, and the quantity of items needing to be appraised, the work can be carried out while you wait, same-day, or you can drop them off and collect a mutually agreed day/time.
Home Visit Valuation Service - Susan also has portable appraisal and gemmological equipment, so is able to meet you at your home and perform all the metal testing, gem identification, diamond grading, quality assessment and photography without you needing to travel. After the research and report-writing has been carried out, you will receive your documentation in a few days. This will be exactly the same high quality report but this service may incur fees for the time spent getting to you and travelling costs.
Susan uses her knowledge to provide one-to-one tuition in gemmology, jewellery and jewellery valuation to consumers, retail jeweller staff and gemmology students. Please see the Tuition page for more details.
Ms Pennington is very highly qualified and has credentials and experience in most facets of the jewellery trade. For this reason, she is also an Advisor to the Institute of Registered Valuers - Certificate of Appraisal Theory programme. Below is a list of Susan's post-nominals and which governing body they are issued by.
- FIRV -Fellow of the Institute of Registered Valuers
- FGA - Fellow of the Gemmological Association of Great Britain
- DGA -Diamond Member of the Gemmological Association of Great Britain
- PJ Val Dip - NAJ Professional Jewellers Valuation Diploma
Ms Pennington and her business are very well connected within the jewellery trade. Below is a list of her memberships with trade organisations and governing bodies within the industry.
- Member of the Gemmological Association of Great Britain (Gem-A)
- Fellow of the Institute of Registered Valuers (IRV)
- Member of the Association of Independent Jewellery Valuers (AIJV)
- Fellow of the National Association of Jewellers (NAJ)
- Member of the Scottish Gemmological Association (SGA)
- Alumni Member of the Gemological Institute of America (GIA)
- Associate Member of the Academy of Experts
To verify Susan's credentials and experience, please click on the cards below.
Copyright © 2020 Susan Pennington. All Rights Reserved